Saturday, October 11, 2008



Hello fellow football fans and welcome to my first blog and my first broadcast on Pieman Radio!

The world's greatest game - football, of course... our version, not that sissy stuff from the USA! The game throws up so many talking points and the Pieman's ambition has always been to share them with you....chew the Pies around if you like to use Pieman speak!

I have always been interested in what the fans think and now, thanks to my little touch and the jackpot in Las Vegas - some call it lost wages! - I am able to have my own platform to share with you, hopefully twice a week. I will tell you about all my favourite things including my favourite PIES.......... they are Pukka Pies. Soon we will able to share one of two. I've also got my own team of Pie Girls to help me.
They are the new staff at Pieman radio.
They will also run the Store with Pieman T-shirts and so on......


Did you see that piece on me on the sports pages of my favourite Sunday, the PEOPLE, in the Sport Confidential. I was so chuffed I might even sponsor the column. Anyway football fans, right now I need YOUR HELP... without your emails and texts I have no show so please get busy now. I will mention you all, read your important views and add the Pieman's thoughts.

What a week to kick off with. The World Cup Qualifiers. What's your country? What did you think of the matches played and those about to be played? I'm English so I am rooting for my ENGLANDERS but I always like to see the UK teams do well and the Irish as long as they are not playing England.....what did you make of the Lampard-Gerrard partnership and Englanders display against Kazakhstan at Wembley and Wednesday's game in Belarus? Kazakhstan's German coach stopped his team swopping shirts with the England players (meanie) but he is right to tell his players that there is more to Kazakhstan than a man with a moustache and a little white flag. (Borat, got it?)


Charlton are the latest target for foreign investors? Good or bad? Let me know? 9 of the 20 Premier League clubs have foreign owners. What do you think? Hey look at the time! It's pie time for me so you please get emailing and texting from around the world right now. I am waiting...... and if you’re going to send me one – fair play to you, mate!

No comments: